Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The new iPad 12.9 inch mini LED display is having both shadowing as well as blooming effect on the display

The new iPad 12.9 inch mini LED display is having both shadowing as well as blooming effect on the display.

Is apple taking any necessary actions for that?

It cost a lot and getting a bad display is not worth it.

Please look into this post

iPad Pro 12.9-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:11 AM

Contact Apple Support directly and explain your problem, using this link:--> Get Support

or, as already stated, since that product is still covered by warranty, take it to an Apple Store or Authorized Reseller, asking for a replacement.

Regards

Giulio

6 replies

May 24, 2021 4:46 AM in response to subhajitsg

Some degree of of display blooming and shadowing is to be expected.

These displays are NOT the much more expensive OLED display technology ( which would jack up the price of the 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro even more ).

Full array, mini LED display technology is an intermediary screen display technology the is between standard LED and OLED display panel technologies.

There are compromises to be expected from mimi-LED display panels and display blooming and shadowing and NOT as deep black point are the compromises.

To what degree this happens on these new 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro models I have no real clue as I have no other experiences with mini LED OR OLED panels to compare to.

May 24, 2021 5:14 AM in response to subhajitsg

No one here would have a clue as no one here works for Apple.

This support community is, largely, made up of volunteer Apple product users.

We are all just Apple product users here, just like you.

Mini-LED screens are hardware NOT software.

So, no amount of software upgrades/updates are going to fix a known limitation in this display hardware technology.

Apple chose mini-LED as a screen iimprovement that would NOT too drastically impact the purchase costs of the higher end 12.9 inch screen iPad Pro models.

As I stated, there will be a noticeable degree of blooming and edge shadowing.

I have seen this in the very expensive mini-LED flat screen TVs and it appears that this is a compromise to the more expensive OLED display panels.

To what levels/degrees this is happening on a screen by screen basis on these new 12.9 inch XDR screen iPad Pros is something I cannot comment on and this “notice-ability” of these known limitations could really be just a subjective one and NOT truly a defect of the mini-LED technology.

Sorry if this is something you didn't want to learn about, but this does NOT change what the inherent limitations of full array mini LED display technology has.

This screen blooming and shadowing maybe more prominent in much smaller display screens than it is on a much larger flat panel TVs using thr same mini-LED technology.

This maybe just is what it is.

Sorry & Best of Luck to You!

The new iPad 12.9 inch mini LED display is having both shadowing as well as blooming effect on the display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.