Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 11 storage issues (notes app is too huge)

I got my new iphone 11 just a little over a month ago on 9th april, 2021. i had switched from a iphone 6s whose storage capacity was 32 GB and i had almost used it up. My current phones capacity is 64 GB, double of the previous one. However since yesterday im getting a storage full notification. When i go to my settings and check what is taking up so much space its just my photos app and my notes app taking the majority of it. my photos app was taking about 35 GB but i deleted about 1000 pictures and videos and its now on 27 GB. My notes app is on 27 GB, which doesnt make sense since i only have 25 notest (all text, no pictures or documents) its too huge so im thinking it must be some issue that i just cant seem to fix. I dont know what to do about this storage issue because there is no way i ran through 32 GB of storage in 1 month. Ive now deleted the notes app and this is how my storage list looks. As you can see if you add up the numbers written next to the app name and add them up. the total comes to about 40GB if you add all the MBs and the system storage as well, however on the top it shows 55 GB which is impossible. can someone please help me out !

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 23, 2021 11:23 PM

1 reply

iphone 11 storage issues (notes app is too huge)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.