Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notes

on my iPhone it says my notes are taking up 210gb of storage and all I have are 3 notes and then it changes while I am looking at the storage . I know there is no way it is taking up that much storage and now it says my storage it full . I have deleted a lot of stuff to bare minimum and still says no storage. help

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2022 9:53 PM

sandyjean62 Said:

"notes: on my iPhone it says my notes are taking up 210gb of storage and all I have are 3 notes and then it changes while I am looking at the storage . I know there is no way it is taking up that much storage and now it says my storage it full . I have deleted a lot of stuff to bare minimum and still says no storage. help"

-------

Clear Space:

Are these in iCloud? Or are they downloaded? I think you need to clear the storage named "Other", as caches may be getting in the way here.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2022 9:53 PM in response to sandyjean62

sandyjean62 Said:

"notes: on my iPhone it says my notes are taking up 210gb of storage and all I have are 3 notes and then it changes while I am looking at the storage . I know there is no way it is taking up that much storage and now it says my storage it full . I have deleted a lot of stuff to bare minimum and still says no storage. help"

-------

Clear Space:

Are these in iCloud? Or are they downloaded? I think you need to clear the storage named "Other", as caches may be getting in the way here.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support. So, you'll just have to clear space, and then perform the upgrade.

So, what to do:

Clear Space:

Try clearing internal storage though use of the following:

What Space to Clear:

A. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Clear your Temporary Internet Files(Cookies & Cache) of Safari:

And...

B. Clean TV and Music Libraries:

Remove all unneeded files from your TV and Music Libraries. Full-Movies take up 2-4GB typically, and a bunch of those would take up a load of storage, ideally. So, if you have any movies that are not needed, then delete them.

And...

C. "Other" being the Culprit:

Use this Link: How to Check the Storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support. The storage named "Other" is the grey bar. So, to clear that, this is what to perform: Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2022 10:56 PM in response to sandyjean62

sandyjean62 Said:

"no not downloaded in the cloud . just now it went from 150gb to 206gb while I have the storage open looking at the amount it changes every few minutes or so"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting Increasing Data:

Three Thoughts...

A. New iCloud Session:

Sign out of iCloud, and then sign back in. Perhaps it needs to resync?

B. Caches getting in the way:

You may want to clear the storage named "Other". IT contains caches, which basically remember settings you have made. Clearing them, all might be back to how it should be. See if this works: How to Clear "Other" in your iPhone's Storage - Use Backup - User Tips

C. Format this Anew:

If you wanted to, you could just set this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Once set up, you'd just log back in, installing items back (i.e. apps). You'd take a few screenshots or note of what apps are currently downloaded. That seems to be the way to go about this. Perform as instructed here, including a backup: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.