You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Num lock activation in Bootcamp/Windows 10

I use Boot Camp/Windows 10/Quicken for Business and Rental Properties on a Mac Book Pro with an extended Apple keyboard. There is NO Num Lock key on the keyboard. I tried to input data into quicken like I have been doing for years on the Mac/BootCamp side which uses WIN10 and allows me to remain Apple loyal.

The seperate numerical keypad off to the right on the extended keyboard no longer works. The numerical keys ABOVE the alpha keys work but not the calculator keyboard off to the right. I contacted Apple support and they couldn't help (Windows problem). I searched Windows support with no success.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the Mac Book Pro. I must have accidentally hit some key that deactivated the num lock function. Please help.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 24, 2021 9:21 AM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 2, 2021 9:24 AM in response to Charles Layfield

Charles Layfield wrote:

Everything worked fine with Quicken for Windows and Windows 10 until last week a mysterious gremlin decided to undue everything that previously worked flawlessly.

🤣. Try the Clear key when booted in Windows. When booted in macOS, both the numeric keypad and the numerals on second row on the main keyboard side should work.

Num lock activation in Bootcamp/Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.