Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 14.6 screwed up Siri and HomeKit. Despite being signed in, Siri keeps telling me "Something is up with your iCloud settings".

After downloading 14.6 HomeKit stopped working. At first I couldn't sign out "due to restrictions", after three times turning off Screen Time (which should have nothing to do with signing out but whatever) I was able to finally sign out of my iPhone and sign back in, but I still can't use Siri.

After waiting a few minutes, the HomeKit app finally shows me as being signed in but when I ask Siri to turn on my lights, she states something is up with my iCloud settings even though I can turn them on and off in the app.

I hate to sound like a jerk, but I miss the days when Apple "just worked". Has anyone run into this an figured out how to make Siri start working again?

Posted on May 24, 2021 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2021 1:12 PM

I figured out how to fix it. It’s an issue with the HomePods (big HomePods). I had to remove them completely from my account and from the home app, after re-adding them Siri worked again and I no longer got that message.

1 reply

iOS 14.6 screwed up Siri and HomeKit. Despite being signed in, Siri keeps telling me "Something is up with your iCloud settings".

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.