Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPads taking a very long time to charge!

My son’s iPad arrived on Friday. After setting it up I asked him to be patient while we let it fully charge. It was at 72%. However, 45 minutes later it was only at 82%. Yes, I was using the charger it came with. I tried using that charger on my phone and my phone was going up like 1% every minute, maybe faster. So the charger was fine.

After discussing with Apple I did a factory reset. No luck. Today I returned the iPad and got him an iPad Pro instead. Just got home with it, took it out of the box and saw it was at 90%. I figured I would charge it now before anything has been done to it. Well, so far this one has taken 20 minutes to go from 90 to 96%.

I realize the iPhone will charge faster but is 3+ minutes per 1% acceptable? His last iPad didn’t take that long until after several years of use. At the current rate it will take 5 hours to charge a dead battery. That’s insane.

Posted on May 24, 2021 2:11 PM

4 replies

New iPads taking a very long time to charge!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.