Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reachability function no longer works.

I have the ‘reachability’ function turned on in accessibility settings but after one of the iOS 14 updates, it no longer works.

I have an iPhone SE 2nd Gen. I’ve tried turning the setting off and on again and restarting the phone. Lightly double tapping the home button has no effect, on any screen.

Has anyone else had this? Is there a way to get it back?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:21 AM

Thank you for your reply.

To start, can you double check that you're following the official guidance for using Reachability?

Yes I have read this documentation. The option is turned on in my settings and I have an iPhone SE 2nd Gen which should activate this functionality when I lightly double press the home button.

Another good thing to test would be removing any screen protector or case that could be interfering with your Home button which could then make Reachability be difficult to access.

I do not use a screen protector and I have a minimal case. I did check without my case and the result is still the same. I feel this is a software issue but have not idea how to debug.

However I appear to have found a solution which was turn the setting off. Restart the device, and then turn it back on again. My Reachability setting functions correctly now.

Cheers,

James.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 4:21 AM in response to Sharon_419

Thank you for your reply.

To start, can you double check that you're following the official guidance for using Reachability?

Yes I have read this documentation. The option is turned on in my settings and I have an iPhone SE 2nd Gen which should activate this functionality when I lightly double press the home button.

Another good thing to test would be removing any screen protector or case that could be interfering with your Home button which could then make Reachability be difficult to access.

I do not use a screen protector and I have a minimal case. I did check without my case and the result is still the same. I feel this is a software issue but have not idea how to debug.

However I appear to have found a solution which was turn the setting off. Restart the device, and then turn it back on again. My Reachability setting functions correctly now.

Cheers,

James.

May 25, 2021 12:13 PM in response to JimmyDeemo

Hey there, JimmyDeemo!

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

This is definitely unexpected behavior, so let's see if we can figure it out.

To start, can you double check that you're following the official guidance for using Reachability? We want to be sure that you have everything in order to get this feature working as expected. It's possible that an update changed the way you're expecting it to work, so here is the official process: Adjust touch settings on iPhone

We hope that this information is helpful.

​Have a great day!

Reachability function no longer works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.