You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Icon Not Showing

For the past 3-4 days, every time I connect to the wifi it shows I’m connected and even gives the blue confirmation check. But in the upper right hand corner the wifi icon isn’t appearing, and my device is operating as if I’m not connected to the wifi. My wifi is strong with full bars and I have tried multiple troubleshooting solutions but none have worked so far.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 24, 2021 5:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2021 12:00 PM

I tried all the recommended measures: re-starting the phone, re-starting the router, re-setting network settings, etc.

Nothing worked.

However, I remembered I had a VPN app, so I switched off VPN and my Wifi symbol re-appeared and I had connectivity. I switched on the VPN again and I still had a connection.

I hope this works for you.

Kind regards.

Declan Chellar

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 28, 2021 12:00 PM in response to amaya270

I tried all the recommended measures: re-starting the phone, re-starting the router, re-setting network settings, etc.

Nothing worked.

However, I remembered I had a VPN app, so I switched off VPN and my Wifi symbol re-appeared and I had connectivity. I switched on the VPN again and I still had a connection.

I hope this works for you.

Kind regards.

Declan Chellar

Jun 1, 2021 4:36 AM in response to amaya270

I tried all tips i could find on the net. nothing worked. Also after resetting the network settings, still had the WiFi symbol disappearing. Of course, the error was implemented in my Back-up, so I will reconfigure and download apps now... Really Apple? Not having to hard reset my devices to wipe out system errors was the reason why i switched from windows machines to Macs some time ago. Now I am hard resetting my pretty new Phone 12 mini to have it show again, whether it is connected to a WiFi or not in the control center. Pretty disappointing! Including research i will waste more than 2 hours on this, that is not what apple customers pay a good amount of money for!

Wifi Icon Not Showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.