Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur OS Update Issues

My Mac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019) cannot update OS from Big Sur 11.0.1 to newer version macOS Big Sur 11.4

My internet is perfect 100MB/s, 6.14GB download completes but installation fails each time I try the update. I buy Macs so I don't have to spend hours fixing OS update issues and here I am. This shouldn't happen in a computer double the price of PC with similar specs :(

Is there a solution to "! Download Failed, An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again" message?

Posted on May 24, 2021 8:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 12:34 AM

I have resolved that myself, no thanks to apple support... I think the issue is the SOFTEWARE UPDATER.

If anyone has the same problem, go to APPLE STORE, find BIG SUR (or whichever OS is next or before) and download the most recent version (only available). Most recent OS version will be installed. Note, the file is twice as large as the update file.

Take it easy! Good luck.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 12:34 AM in response to maciejmm

I have resolved that myself, no thanks to apple support... I think the issue is the SOFTEWARE UPDATER.

If anyone has the same problem, go to APPLE STORE, find BIG SUR (or whichever OS is next or before) and download the most recent version (only available). Most recent OS version will be installed. Note, the file is twice as large as the update file.

Take it easy! Good luck.

Big Sur OS Update Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.