Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.1 update

my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) cannot up-date OS Big Sur version 11.5.1. pop-up massage said internet connection problem but my connection is OK. meantime my OS still 11.4

and PC body become heat short time

my other gear such as Mac mini or iPhone were without any problem to up-date version 11.5

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 4, 2021 2:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2021 1:50 AM

User wrote " my other gear such as Mac mini or iPhone were without any problem to up-date version 11.5 " Yes Mac mini can run Big Sur but iPhone runs a totally different OS called iOS and the latest version is 14.7.1 and not macOS 11.5 which is only for Apple Computers.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2021 1:50 AM in response to otmazgin

User wrote " my other gear such as Mac mini or iPhone were without any problem to up-date version 11.5 " Yes Mac mini can run Big Sur but iPhone runs a totally different OS called iOS and the latest version is 14.7.1 and not macOS 11.5 which is only for Apple Computers.

Aug 6, 2021 6:49 AM in response to otmazgin

Immediate item of Major Concern and there are more but that is secondary to the Biggest Issue - This computer is running critically low on free hard drive space.

The above must be solved . That and the fact this is the smaller Internal Drive at 128 GB. It will be a challenge to get enough Empty Space to upgrade to Big Sur 11.5.1

What is “Other” storage on a Mac, and how can I clean it out?

Free up storage space on your Mac

OmniDiskSweeper - Safe and Trusted Developer

cannot Mac OS Big Sur 11.5.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.