Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Server 5.11 Profile Manager not running

Upgraded the server app from 5.10 to 5.11 and it has an error when migrating the data and I can't run Profile Manager. Migration log below, I think I got the server app when it was version 4 so I'm not sure how it can think it's an earlier version.

0:: [64594] [2021-05-25 21:18:11.952] Loaded schema from /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/migration/v2m1.dmmd.bz2\

1:: [64594] [2021-05-25 21:18:11.952] EXCEPTION: Upgrades from Server 2.x (or earlier) are not supported! <BOOL prepareSchema(NSSet *__strong, NSString *__strong, BOOL) (main.m:577): "THROW(Upgrades from Server 2.x (or earlier) are not supported!)">\

0:: [64594] [2021-05-25 21:18:11.952] Terminating on unhandled exception BOOL prepareSchema(NSSet *__strong, NSString *__strong, BOOL) (main.m:577): "THROW(Upgrades from Server 2.x (or earlier) are not supported!)", (null)\

0:: [64594] [2021-05-25 21:18:11.953] BYE\

Mac mini, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 25, 2021 2:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 7:56 PM

Contacted the developers for the server app and they sent the following 4 lines of code to enter into Terminal. It worked and Profile Manager finished migration and is working:

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/serverctl enable service=com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres

sudo -Hu _devicemgr /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/psql -U _devicemgr -d template1 -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL-12 -c 'DROP DATABASE device_management'

sudo -Hu _devicemgr /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/psql -U _devicemgr -d migration_failed__do_not_manually_rename__you_have_been_warned -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL-12 -c 'ALTER TABLE user_groups NO INHERIT abstract_asm_library_items'

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/config/migrateDB

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 7:56 PM in response to awamin

Contacted the developers for the server app and they sent the following 4 lines of code to enter into Terminal. It worked and Profile Manager finished migration and is working:

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/sbin/serverctl enable service=com.apple.DeviceManagement.postgres

sudo -Hu _devicemgr /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/psql -U _devicemgr -d template1 -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL-12 -c 'DROP DATABASE device_management'

sudo -Hu _devicemgr /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/bin/psql -U _devicemgr -d migration_failed__do_not_manually_rename__you_have_been_warned -h /Library/Server/ProfileManager/Config/var/PostgreSQL-12 -c 'ALTER TABLE user_groups NO INHERIT abstract_asm_library_items'

sudo /Applications/Server.app/Contents/ServerRoot/usr/share/devicemgr/config/migrateDB

Jul 5, 2021 12:16 PM in response to awamin

Thanks for your hint.

I´ve tried it on my server too, but it wasn´t successful :-(

The first command produced no output except {}. The second command failed with the error database "device_management" does not exist.

The third command failed again, because the migration_failed_.... databse does not exists.

The forth command worked and I got back the assignments to the School and Business Manager back. But I´n not able to stark the profile manager :-(

Does anybody know how I can start the service?

Server 5.11 Profile Manager not running

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.