Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change ipad 8th gen’s keyboard layout to ipad pro’s keyboard layout? I want those number keys on top of my letter keys.

How do I change ipad 8th gen’s keyboard layout to ipad pro’s keyboard layout? I want those number keys on top of my letter keys.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 5:00 AM

Sorry, not possible.

The on-screen keyboard layout is determined by your chosen keyboard language and the specific model of iPad. Different iPad models have modified keyboard layouts - seemingly optimised for the screen size. As such, the key layout cannot be modified to match different iPad models.

3 replies

May 25, 2021 1:52 PM in response to KeenJin

Install a 3rd party keyboard from the iOS App Store.

The onr I think IS and strongly recommend as a great third party onscreen keyboard is Typefinity.

Typefinity

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/typefinity/id1512009869

This is as a good, full featured, fully functional/accessibile, virtual onscreen virtual keyboard can get!

This keyboard is worth its one-time payment price!

Best of Luck to You!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.