Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Card Family Sharing

Why would family members show up unavailable under family sharing for the Apple Card?

Posted on May 25, 2021 6:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 6:25 AM

I had the same issue trying to share my card with my wife, even though both phones were on iOS 14.6. I went to Settings —> My Name —> Family Sharing and removed her from Family Sharing. I then immediately re-added her to Family Sharing, and the Apple Card sharing worked after that.

Remember to make sure all the phones are on iOS 14.6. And remember that the other person has to accept your invitation to re-add them to Family Sharing on their phone, so make sure they’re available to do that before you remove them from your family.

Hope that helps!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 6:25 AM in response to d_e_t

I had the same issue trying to share my card with my wife, even though both phones were on iOS 14.6. I went to Settings —> My Name —> Family Sharing and removed her from Family Sharing. I then immediately re-added her to Family Sharing, and the Apple Card sharing worked after that.

Remember to make sure all the phones are on iOS 14.6. And remember that the other person has to accept your invitation to re-add them to Family Sharing on their phone, so make sure they’re available to do that before you remove them from your family.

Hope that helps!

Apple Card Family Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.