Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change power off for iPad Air Gen 4?

I have an IPad Air 4th Gen model MYFX2LL/A and I hate the #$&*”%!! Power Button on the side which replaced the round button on the face. I am constantly turning off my iPad accidentally. Becauseof the way I hold the iPad in my hands, I very frequently touch that #$&*”%!! button without intending to and wham!, the screen goes black.

Is there a way to change the setting to require a double-click rather than a single touch to shut off the screen? If not, I am probably going to end up trading this thing for a “lesser” iPad that doesn’t constantly infuriate me.

Thanks….

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 11:56 AM

You cannot edit that hardware function. And the home button was never the power button. The ON/OFF & Sleep/Wake button has always been a rectangular button on the side or top (portrait mode) and it has always functioned to lock the display when pressed. All iPad models have that hardware button and all work exactly the same way.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 11:56 AM in response to AR1750

You cannot edit that hardware function. And the home button was never the power button. The ON/OFF & Sleep/Wake button has always been a rectangular button on the side or top (portrait mode) and it has always functioned to lock the display when pressed. All iPad models have that hardware button and all work exactly the same way.

Change power off for iPad Air Gen 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.