Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update Big Sur 11.4

Have been trying three times now to update.

After download is complete and installation happens I keep getting a message that it has failed and to "check your internet connection"

I have not had this happen before.

I had a MacBook Pro early 2011 and since I purchased this Mac Air just this year, it is the worst computer I have ever owned. I have never had so much trouble

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.3

Posted on May 25, 2021 10:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 12:18 PM

Startup in Safe mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

To leave Safe Mode, choose “Restart” at the bottom

Quote:

Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software when it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, 

and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility.

And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache,

which will be created again automatically as needed.

Now try updating macOS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 12:18 PM in response to lladyon

Startup in Safe mode. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201262

To leave Safe Mode, choose “Restart” at the bottom

Quote:

Safe mode prevents your Mac from loading certain software when it starts up, including login items, system extensions not required by macOS, 

and fonts not installed by macOS. It also does a basic check of your startup disk, similar to using First Aid in Disk Utility.

And it deletes some system caches, including font caches and the kernel cache,

which will be created again automatically as needed.

Now try updating macOS.

Jun 7, 2021 8:13 AM in response to dominic23

I have the same problem not being able to update to Big Sur 11.4. I switched to Safe Mode and got this message: 'Download failed - an error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again.'

I restarted the M1 iMac in Safe Mode and repeated the download (which took 24 hours at least on both tries), and I ended up with the same message again.

Any other suggestions?

Jun 8, 2021 6:36 PM in response to applephilic

I've had this same issue. I've tried for days to update to 11.4. I tried twice this evening in safe mode, connecting directly to Internet (no wifi). I keep getting the exact same message. "Download failed - ... check your internet..."

The error occurs AFTER the initial download and during the install process which doesn't progress beyond "15 minutes remaining"

Any other suggestions out there?

Update Big Sur 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.