Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are my photos backing up?

My phone is saying that it has not backed up to iCloud in over a year. However, when I login to icloud.com all of my photos are there. Does this mean that my photos have backed up even though my phone says it has not backed up?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 11:30 AM

KatieBowers wrote:

My phone is saying that it has not backed up to iCloud in over a year. However, when I login to icloud.com all of my photos are there. Does this mean that my photos have backed up even though my phone says it has not backed up?

Your photos are being synced to iCloud via the iCloud Photo Library, not backed up via iCloud Backup.

2 different services.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 11:30 AM in response to KatieBowers

KatieBowers wrote:

Your photos are being synced to iCloud via the iCloud Photo Library, not backed up via iCloud Backup.

2 different services.

Are my photos backing up?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.