Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing to iPad

How do I sync books from Books on the MacBook Pro (Big Sur 11.1) to Books on the iPad (9.3.5)? The guidelines I've found show a button bar for the iPad on which you can click audiobooks, but no such button bar appears when I connect mine.

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 25, 2021 1:22 PM

4 replies

May 25, 2021 6:03 PM in response to ASC1802

Those requirements may be recent. Regardless, the requirements are what they are, and unfortunately there is no backtracking. iOS 9.3.5 is declared obsolete by the Books publishing.

Now if your iPad is not able to upgrade to a newer iOS, you are basically stuck with what books you have on it until you can upgrade to a newer device.

Those requirements are clearly stated. 10 > 9.3.5

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ is where you can offer feedback.

May 26, 2021 3:04 AM in response to a brody

Except that I did manage to get one audiobook into Books on the iPad 9.3.5! It didn't seem that difficult. But the pathway doesn't now seem to work out (see first message). Anyway, thanks for your advice. It seems replacing the iPad (otherwise perfectly OK) is the only way forward on this issue. [Two good devices, an iPod Shuffle and an iPad, made obsolete for audiobooks in one MacBook OS upgrade – not helpful, to put it mildly.]

syncing to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.