Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you approve a transfer request for child under 13 to a different family member?

How do you approve a transfer request for child under 13 to a different family member? The email I received after the request was made has a link to view request, if I click this it takes me to a screen showing which apps are using iCloud storage - can’t see anything to allow me to approve request

Posted on May 25, 2021 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 2:05 PM

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support has other options that may help, including the one below:

You can ask an organizer from another family group to invite the child to their family. After they make the request, you'll get a notification. You can approve from the notification or use these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > [your name] > Invitations.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences > Family Sharing. Click the Details button next to the child's name. In macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Manage Family.

After you approve, the child moves from your family group to the other family group. Learn what happens after a family member leaves.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 2:05 PM in response to philippa199

Move a child to another group using Family Sharing - Apple Support has other options that may help, including the one below:

You can ask an organizer from another family group to invite the child to their family. After they make the request, you'll get a notification. You can approve from the notification or use these steps:

• On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, tap Settings > [your name] > Invitations.
  • On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences > Family Sharing. Click the Details button next to the child's name. In macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Manage Family.

After you approve, the child moves from your family group to the other family group. Learn what happens after a family member leaves.

How do you approve a transfer request for child under 13 to a different family member?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.