Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri too loud on HomePod Mini

I’ve researched how to lower Siri’s volume on my HomePod Mini, which is different from the media volume. However, she’s still way too loud for a quiet house when someone is sleeping. I asked her to lower her volume and I got a "this is as quiet as I get" response. Any way to go lower?

Posted on May 25, 2021 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 1:51 PM

No. And Siri's volume tends to shift back to something closer to the media volume after a change anyway. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know you'd like better control over Siri's volume.

tt2

7 replies

May 25, 2021 2:14 PM in response to robogobo

robogobo wrote:

Alexa knows how to whisper. If you ask her, she says, "I can whisper. I learned how after realizing that people take nap time very seriously."

Feel free to suggest to Apple that they add such a feature:

Product Feedback - Apple

Hopefully, Apple won't add all the random attempts to get you to buy more stuff that Alexa likes to tell me about and that I can't seem to turn off.

May 25, 2021 2:24 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

I've got Siri/HomePod in my house and Alexa/Echo in my studio. I wish I could say that Siri is superior, but Alexa is sooooo much better at nearly everything, except privacy. If you dig in the Alexa app settings, it's quite easy to turn off all the advertising. I never hear a peep. (Just a whisper when the house is quiet.)

Siri has a lot of catching up to do.

I've submitted feedback on this several times already.

May 25, 2021 2:33 PM in response to robogobo

It's not advertising. It's "Do you know I can re-order things for you?" "Do you know I can tell you when you last ordered something?", "Do you know you can subscribe to other services? Would you like to?". All the notifications Amazon Shopping are turned off (except for delivery). If you've found a way to turn that off, without enabling "Brief Mode", please, share.

I have an Echo because it was a lot cheaper than a Homepod. But, Siri on my other devices works beautifully. And, it never tries to get me to buy more Apple products. Also, it has a much better sense of humor.

Siri too loud on HomePod Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.