Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data breach message after 14.6 update

Apparently 430 passwords have been leaked in a data breach from my phone. That is ALL of my passwords. That tells me there must be more going on with this update. Any ideas?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 4:06 PM

I imagine this is in relation to the suggestions section of apples keychain / the password manager of your IPhone

It searches your passwords against a database of data breaches, dumps and leaks (in a secure way) then notifies you if any of your passwords have been apart of one by providing you with that text that you posted.

Essentially what it is saying is that someone has managed to exploit a website or services server / you have entered your password and username into a phishing site (usually the former) and they have then published your password and username/email online in a 'dump'. Basically a list of stolen usernames and passwords.

The next steps that you should take are going through that list and changing the password for each website / service through their website. I believe apple even links you directly to a page for each one to speed up the process.

Just to clarify, these data breaches have nothing to do with apple or their software / website. All your passwords have likely been stolen from 3rd party services

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 4:06 PM in response to Sarabera1970

I imagine this is in relation to the suggestions section of apples keychain / the password manager of your IPhone

It searches your passwords against a database of data breaches, dumps and leaks (in a secure way) then notifies you if any of your passwords have been apart of one by providing you with that text that you posted.

Essentially what it is saying is that someone has managed to exploit a website or services server / you have entered your password and username into a phishing site (usually the former) and they have then published your password and username/email online in a 'dump'. Basically a list of stolen usernames and passwords.

The next steps that you should take are going through that list and changing the password for each website / service through their website. I believe apple even links you directly to a page for each one to speed up the process.

Just to clarify, these data breaches have nothing to do with apple or their software / website. All your passwords have likely been stolen from 3rd party services

Data breach message after 14.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.