Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

it said my phone passwords have been found in a known data leak should i trust it

should i trust that it said my passwords have been compromised in a data leak should i trust it

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2021 8:37 AM

Should you trust that servers are breached and that passwords are leaked, and that password re-use is a serious problem, and that bad passwords can be selected? Absolutely. Server breaches are commonplace, and are leveraged to breach other logins at other services.

Should you trust any unknown messages? Some skepticism there is warranted and entirely appropriate.

What to do here? Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, and have a look around at what is shown there, and start resolving the worst of what’s shown working through to the lesser issues.

And enable two-factor authentication on your critical accounts, including your Apple ID. Apple ID compromises get seriously ugly.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2021 8:37 AM in response to natemarconi

Should you trust that servers are breached and that passwords are leaked, and that password re-use is a serious problem, and that bad passwords can be selected? Absolutely. Server breaches are commonplace, and are leveraged to breach other logins at other services.

Should you trust any unknown messages? Some skepticism there is warranted and entirely appropriate.

What to do here? Settings > Passwords > Security Recommendations, and have a look around at what is shown there, and start resolving the worst of what’s shown working through to the lesser issues.

And enable two-factor authentication on your critical accounts, including your Apple ID. Apple ID compromises get seriously ugly.

it said my phone passwords have been found in a known data leak should i trust it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.