Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Lossless option

I have upgraded both my new M1 iPad Pro and my iPhone 12 Pro to iOS 14.6 and when I go into Settings/Audio the The audio quality option is nowhere to be seen.

Posted on May 25, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 5:41 PM

The link you have up there tells you how to turn it on. It's supposed to be available in 14.6 which is what I referred to in my original post. If you follow the instructions below, the option is not available on either my iPhone or my iPad.

How to listen to lossless on your iPhone or iPad

What you need

You can listen to lossless on an iPhone or iPad updated to iOS or iPadOS 14.6 using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

How to turn lossless on or off

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
    • Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
    • Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 5:41 PM in response to javaliga

The link you have up there tells you how to turn it on. It's supposed to be available in 14.6 which is what I referred to in my original post. If you follow the instructions below, the option is not available on either my iPhone or my iPad.

How to listen to lossless on your iPhone or iPad

What you need

You can listen to lossless on an iPhone or iPad updated to iOS or iPadOS 14.6 using:

• A wired connection to headphones, receivers, or powered speakers
  • The built-in speakers
  • To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you need an external digital-to-analog converter.

How to turn lossless on or off

1. Go to Settings > Music.
  2. Tap Audio Quality.
  3. Tap Lossless to turn it on or off. From here, you can choose the audio quality for streaming and downloading audio.
    • Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/48 kHz
    • Hi-Res Lossless for a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz

Can't find Lossless option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.