Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

screen time password resetting on its own ?

my family share was hacked last year, now, my screen time password. and other settings in it. both alowing, and disallowing features are changing..

now my internet modem is showing my phone connecting by alan connection! while i sleeping! it's the same mac address as my phone! connected by hard line! While i slept! and i always connect by wifi!

Posted on May 25, 2021 3:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 5:42 PM

The same MAC address or the same IP address? If your Mac is connected by cable and also has Wi-Fi enabled it will appear as 2 devices on your router, once for the cable and once for the Wi-Fi connection. Both devices will have the same MAC address. It is impossible for your iPhone to have the same MAC address as your computer; the MAC address is set in hardware.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 5:42 PM in response to bugaboo4567

The same MAC address or the same IP address? If your Mac is connected by cable and also has Wi-Fi enabled it will appear as 2 devices on your router, once for the cable and once for the Wi-Fi connection. Both devices will have the same MAC address. It is impossible for your iPhone to have the same MAC address as your computer; the MAC address is set in hardware.

screen time password resetting on its own ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.