Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple pen won’t work even though it’s connected

I have a question about my 1st generation Apple Pencil. It says it’s connected to my IPad(8th gen), but won’t work when I try to use it. I’ve tried: rebooting iPad, disconnected Bluetooth, and charging pen.

I really would appreciate any help/suggestions given. Thank you :)

iPad

Posted on May 25, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 25, 2021 8:18 PM

_erenyeager_ Said:

"Apple pen won’t work even though it’s connected: I have a question about my 1st generation Apple Pencil. It says it’s connected to my IPad(8th gen), but won’t work when I try to use it. I’ve tried: rebooting iPad, disconnected Bluetooth, and charging pen. I really would appreciate any help/suggestions given. Thank you :)"

-------

Do you Mean the Apple Pencil?:

If so, refer to these links:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 25, 2021 8:18 PM in response to _erenyeager_

_erenyeager_ Said:

"Apple pen won’t work even though it’s connected: I have a question about my 1st generation Apple Pencil. It says it’s connected to my IPad(8th gen), but won’t work when I try to use it. I’ve tried: rebooting iPad, disconnected Bluetooth, and charging pen. I really would appreciate any help/suggestions given. Thank you :)"

-------

Do you Mean the Apple Pencil?:

If so, refer to these links:

Apple pen won’t work even though it’s connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.