Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos replaced with green screen with or without a magnifying glass icon on it

I think my MacBook Air has a virus, but from what I've read, the system has it's own virus detecting and it's not likely. A few weeks ago I clicked on something that turned out to be spam (ugh why did I do that?), and now on some videos online or when I watch others I've created myself on my laptop, the video goes green or is replaced with a green screen with the icon of a magnifying glass on it.

Here's a sample of a video turned green, but it only turns green when i move my mouse over the video. I haven't captured the green magnifying glass issue yet.

I'm on a MacBook Air, running Big Sur version 11.2.3 (20D91)

Thoughts? Thank you!

KT

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on May 25, 2021 6:39 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 26, 2021 12:48 PM in response to ktincanada

Hello ktincanada,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! We understand you are experiencing some issues with video playback on your Mac. We are happy to help provide some guidance.

To start, do you notice the same issues if you boot your Mac into safe mode and try playing a video back there? You can see how to boot into safe mode in this helpful article:

How to use safe mode on your Mac

After testing in safe mode, if the issue continues, try following the steps listed in the following resources that go over how to reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM:

How to reset the SMC of your Mac

Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac

Keep us updated on how it goes! We hope this information helps.

Best Regards.

Videos replaced with green screen with or without a magnifying glass icon on it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.