You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No voice on Iphone 11 google maps

My iphone 11 has lost the voice component in upgraded Google Maps when I use it outside the home. Why should this make a difference? How do I get the voice back? It is not the volume control because the voice component works perfectly when I am inside my house.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 25, 2021 9:09 PM

1 reply

May 26, 2021 3:13 PM in response to sharwalnutcreek

Hi there sharwalnutcreek,

We understand you're experiencing an issue with not hearing navigation directions when outside your home,e and we'd like to see if we can assist.

Do you experience the same issue with navigating through the Maps app?

If not, and the issue only occurs with Google Maps, give the steps here a try: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

While the title doesn't mention this issue specifically, the steps may help resolve it.

If so, and you're using walking navigation, try connecting headphones and see if the issue persists.

Also, head to Settings > Maps > Navigation & Guidance, and make sure Normal Voice is enabled.

Thanks!

No voice on Iphone 11 google maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.