Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes open as a blank screen on iPad

Hi there, I have been taking notes to the Notes and suddenly the app froze, I restarted the ipad and now the notes app open as a blank frozen screen with no options, no folders, no possibility to take any actions. I can still have full access to notes via laptop and iPhone, but neither restarting the iPad, nor reinstalling the app helps solving the issue of the ipad. My iPad is fully updated. Please, advice what else could fix it? thank you, Inna

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:14 AM

4 replies

May 26, 2021 6:18 AM in response to Innezzzzzz

For older iPad models with a Home button, do a hard reset of your iPad by holding down both the Home and sleep/wake buttons simultaneously until your iPad goes to black and restarts with Apple logo, then release the buttons.

OR

For much newer, larger screen iPad models, without a Home button, try the new hard reset procedure for the new 2018/2020/2021 iPad Pros and the 2020 iPad Air 4 models.

1. Press and Release the Volume Up button.

2. Then immediately Press and Release the Volume Down button.

3. Then, Press and Hold the Power Button at the top. You will see the Slide to Power off button, but keep on holding down the Power Button until you see the Apple logo, then let it go.

Once you have performed all the steps, wait for a few seconds and your 2018 iPad Pro will boot up completely to the iPad Pro’s Lock screen.

Best of Luck to You!

Notes open as a blank screen on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.