Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manual Fetch works during day but Fetch goes full auto at night

I want my iPhone 11 running OS 14.5, to fetch mail only manually. During the day, that's how it works, perfectly. But at night, during the iPhone's Do Not Disturb time, it appears that the iPhone turns itself on every hour or two and reaches out for mail. I'd really like to stop the behavior, but how?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 26, 2021 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 10:04 AM

Hello, Bob Christensen.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have Fetch settings set to 'Manually' for Mail, yet at night Mail is being fetched automatically while the app is not in use.

Do you have Background App Refresh enabled? To check, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. If it is enabled, try testing for the issue with this feature disabled.

Try force quitting the Mail app: Quit and reopen an app on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know what happens! Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 10:04 AM in response to Bob Christensen

Hello, Bob Christensen.

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities. We understand that you have Fetch settings set to 'Manually' for Mail, yet at night Mail is being fetched automatically while the app is not in use.

Do you have Background App Refresh enabled? To check, go to Settings > General > Background App Refresh. If it is enabled, try testing for the issue with this feature disabled.

Try force quitting the Mail app: Quit and reopen an app on iPhone - Apple Support

Let us know what happens! Take care.

Manual Fetch works during day but Fetch goes full auto at night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.