Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add my Google account in iOS

I want to sync my Google contacts, etc. to my 1st ever iPhone (version 12 bought today). When trying to add my Google account in Settings > Mail > Accounts > Add Account I tap Google, enter my Google account email address and password. For a second I can see a screen with four options or settings but I am instantly brought back to Accounts. I have done this many times to no avail, using cellular only or WiFi only.

What can I do to get all my Google account information accoss?

My goal is to accomplish "How to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone by syncing a Google account. This is a great option if you keep your Android contacts in a Google account. It works with both a new iPhone and one that's already set up. All you need to do is to add your Android's Google account information to the iPhone." because my previous Android device is broken.

iPhone 12

Posted on May 26, 2021 12:39 PM

5 replies

May 27, 2021 2:39 AM in response to stanislaus ernst

Possibly the Gmail app may access Gmail contacts - try it.

Unfortunately to get contacts into contacts app you need to add the account in the way you have attempted to and failed.

Contacts will never be on the phone itself.

Personally I would copy the Google contacts to iCloud contacts.

Google and Apple do not play nicely because Google accounts are not classic IMAP.

May 27, 2021 11:23 PM in response to LD150

Well, seems like the only way is to manually re-enter all my contacts.

Following the Apple recommended procedure only worked with adding Microsoft Exchange accounts.

If the old Android device was working, I could have transferred all my Google account data via the SIM-card : (

It's a pity Apple includes Google as an option when it is clearly dysfunctional.

Can't add my Google account in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.