Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Management - enterprise app

I work for a company that requires their employees to download 3rd party apps for selling & misc purposes. These apps require employees to “trust” the apps on our iPhones after download, which then adds the company (app developer) to our General settings, under “Device Management”.

Basically, under Settings - General - Device Management, it shows the company name. When I click the Device Management option, it opens to reveal “Enterprise App” with the company name under that. I’m not the savviest when it comes to technical things, but I’m wondering does this give the company access to my device? What does all this mean in beginner language? Thank you.

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 1:38 PM

Your device is being managed by and can be controlled by the specified entity, in addition to whatever management of and control of this device you might be allowed to effect.

An intro of what has happened here: https://www.apple.com/hk/iphone/business/docs/iOS_Enterprise_Deployment_Overview_EN_Jun_12.pdf

There re a number of folks around that are not fond of ceding control of their own devices, of course.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 1:38 PM in response to AppleN3wb

Your device is being managed by and can be controlled by the specified entity, in addition to whatever management of and control of this device you might be allowed to effect.

An intro of what has happened here: https://www.apple.com/hk/iphone/business/docs/iOS_Enterprise_Deployment_Overview_EN_Jun_12.pdf

There re a number of folks around that are not fond of ceding control of their own devices, of course.

Device Management - enterprise app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.