Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Night mode not turning off every morning

Hi,

I've got a series 3 apple watch, and ever since updating to OS 7.4, every morning it fails to come out of night mode and I have to do it manually. Previously it used to come out of night mode when both on my wrist and unlocked.

I've tried toggling bedside mode on and off but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try?

Cheers :)

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on May 26, 2021 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 26, 2021 10:41 PM

Try updating to 7.5 first - with some luck maybe that helps :)

If not, then the unpair and re-pair sequence comes to mind next, requiring some real patience though, since it can take an hour or two with the S3 to go thru all that. It should restore the watch back to factory settings though, while keeping your apps and data intact. However perhaps you are already well familiar with that after the 7.4 update..

If that doesnt help either, then its starting to look like a defect even.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 26, 2021 10:41 PM in response to the_welsh_one

Try updating to 7.5 first - with some luck maybe that helps :)

If not, then the unpair and re-pair sequence comes to mind next, requiring some real patience though, since it can take an hour or two with the S3 to go thru all that. It should restore the watch back to factory settings though, while keeping your apps and data intact. However perhaps you are already well familiar with that after the 7.4 update..

If that doesnt help either, then its starting to look like a defect even.

Night mode not turning off every morning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.