Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone screen not getting off while on call

I bought latest iPhone 12 Pro couple of month back and getting issue from day one, Phone screen not getting off while I was on call. So much things happening by the time I kept my phone down. It’s very much annoying. Have to fix this issue. Anyone can help?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on May 26, 2021 3:08 PM

6 replies

May 27, 2021 11:38 AM in response to raghavendra145

Hello raghavendra145,

It sounds like you are having issues with the screen of your iPhone while on a call. We’d like to help however we can. 

Does this continue after restarting your iPhone?

Restart your iPhone

Let’s also make sure your device is fully updated:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If this continues after following those articles, please provide us with more details on the issues you are experiencing and any error messages you are receiving. 

Thanks!

Jun 9, 2021 11:39 AM in response to Ben_Z1

Hi Ben,

There is no error message a d anything. Whenever I’m call and holding mobile towards face it supposed to off the screen. But it’s happening and it’s keep active and due to that with touch of skin phone May do random things, like it may mute me, or hold or close the call as that is the main screen during the call. Sometimes it will go to main menu. I mean just random things due to screen sense face skin touch while in call.

or you can say , proximity sensor failing to do its job.

Phone screen not getting off while on call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.