Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New 24" Imac M1Sound

Does anyone else feel the sound seems muffled. It seems there are no holes on the front. When I listen, it seems muffled. If I peer over the screen, meaning the back of the screen .The sound seem ok. It seems to me when watching the screen. the sound should be coming towards you. Yet the sounds clearly sounds as if there is a speaker is aimed at the wall.

Example if you were listening to your stereo. You would have the speakers aimed towards you. The music would sounds good. If you were to turn your speakers around it would be clear the sound changed and not be as good. This is what the sound from this new Imac is like to me. Placing the speakers backwards as I mentioned in my example.

iMac 24″, macOS 11.4

Posted on May 26, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 1, 2021 11:44 AM

Just curious, did you remove the clear packing tape that is on the outside edges when you unpacked the iMac? If your headphone jack on the left side edge is covered, it's probably the packing tape which would be covering up your speaker output on the bottom edge.

I have the new iMac and the sound is wonderful. No complaints at all.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 1, 2021 11:44 AM in response to applesmapple1

Just curious, did you remove the clear packing tape that is on the outside edges when you unpacked the iMac? If your headphone jack on the left side edge is covered, it's probably the packing tape which would be covering up your speaker output on the bottom edge.

I have the new iMac and the sound is wonderful. No complaints at all.

Jun 1, 2021 2:55 PM in response to dialabrain

Interesting. No I did not move mine. Yes its better. But I still don't think it's all that. Still seems muffled and now many a little tinny. Also sounds better if you turn the screen away from you just as before. I might just say the volume increased and know a louder muffle.

Amazing though Apple-care did not even mention such. The were wanting me to make several recording. Web and music. Then in safe mode again. I have many other problems though that have yet been able to help. I don't feel this one is solved either. Not the greatest sound. My 2017 iMac I feel was better. I will listen though and give final evaluation later.

New 24" Imac M1Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.