Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sign in to Netflix on Apple TV 4K (2021)

I got the new Apple TV and when I try to sign in to Netflix I get the error (code 113).

Yes, I'm sure login/password is correct, because it works on iPhone and MacBook.

Yes, I reinstalled the app few times.

Any solutions?

Posted on May 26, 2021 4:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 1:24 AM

I tried rebooting my router.

Logged into Netflix via a browser just fine.

Logged into Netflix on every other device I own just fine, just not the AppleTV.

Stripped my VPN settings from my router, rebooted it. It still didn’t work.

Glad rebooting your router worked for you.

I had to reset my AppleTV to be able to log into my new account on my AppleTV.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 1:24 AM in response to CPattz

I tried rebooting my router.

Logged into Netflix via a browser just fine.

Logged into Netflix on every other device I own just fine, just not the AppleTV.

Stripped my VPN settings from my router, rebooted it. It still didn’t work.

Glad rebooting your router worked for you.

I had to reset my AppleTV to be able to log into my new account on my AppleTV.

Jul 12, 2021 3:20 AM in response to Ashleyy12

Hi, i cant log in Netflix on my Apple TV 4K. I tried many solutions but it didnt work. Everytime i try to log in, netflix said: Your Netflix account name or password couldn't be verified. ... Go to www.netflix.com/support for more information. CODE: 113. I tried to call Netflix customer support million times and there r some ways that didnt work to me:

1) Update Apple TV. Now i got newest apple tv update: 14.6

2) Reset Netflix account Password and email

3) Reinstall netflix

4) Change internet connection of Apple Tv from wifi to my phone‘s LTE

5) Unplug apple tv 2-3 minutes and plug back

and Netflix customer support told me its problem of Apple, not them.

THEN, i contacted with Apple again and again with Netflix. Netflix fixed my account for about 48 hours. After 48 hours i can log in Netflix again

I hope it helps.

May 27, 2021 3:46 AM in response to Ashleyy12

Signing in to Netflix is between your credentials, the Netflix app, and the Netflix account servers. What remains is generic troubleshooting not specific to Netflix.

Is you version tvOS up to date? How to update your Apple TV - Apple Support

Is your version of the Netflix app up to date? It will be if you tried re-installing the app.

Is your network connection okay? Can you access other online services on the Apple TV box? (e.g. the TV app)

Not using a VPN, custom DNS, or other trickery?

Did you try a cold restart? (Disconnect from power for a minute or two.)

May 27, 2021 4:39 AM in response to Ashleyy12

Netflix browser access should work fine in Safari, Firefox, or Chrome, equally well. So there is something weird going on there as well.

When you just got a new Apple device, you get some additional complimentary support, to let you have a good start. Apple Complimentary Support - Official Apple Support. Make use of it. Possibly one of their experts knows about a common setting or something that may prevent access to services. There is something non-standard in your network setup. Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

May 27, 2021 4:00 AM in response to Urquhart1244

tvOS: 14.6

Netflix updated.

Network is okay, other services like YouTube and Apple TV+ works with no problems.

I don’t use VPN, but I would to try. Because when I try to login in Safari(on MacBook or iPhone) with the same details it says “password incorrect”, but when I use VPN I can login without any problems. However, when I login via google chrome browser or Netflix App on iPhone without VPN, it works fine. I don’t know why login doesn’t work in Safari browser without VPN, that’s really strange, so I thought it’s the same problem on Apple TV.

Also I found lots of messages about error 113 on Reddit and Twitter, they have the same problem on Apple TV.

Aug 9, 2021 8:10 AM in response to SlimChaedy

Hi,

First, they sent me email and asked me to change pasword. After i did that, nothing changed. I didnt ask them something specific because i dont know about technique. I just followed their guidance and told them what happened, they said Ok, we will check your account again, after we tried everything that i can do it by myself at home.

Second, i cant log in my account for about 24-48 hours. If i tried log in, on the screen said: This account is about to fix, something like that i dont remember exactly every words.

Then i can log in.

ps: i keep contacting them via chat online, maybe 4-5 times. I repeat and repeat my problem so they can know iam so dissapointed about this. My Tv is useless without Netflix, because iam addicted to watching movies, series,…

Aug 12, 2021 11:48 PM in response to Ashleyy12

Found a resolution: I had to *reset* (not restart) my AppleTV.

Background…

I had a Netflix account of my own, but closed it when I moved in with someone else that also HD a Netflix account. We decided I’d scrap my account and make a new profile on their account.

Tried to log in with the new account and got Error 113.

• Updated the iOS on my AppleTV

• Uninstalled and reinstalled my Netflix App

• Tried logging in while my VPN/DNS service was not active

• Tried resetting the password

• Tried contacting Netflix Support, they just told me to try all the things I’d already tried (resetting the password, then uninstalling and reinstalling the App)

I could log in fine with every other device except the AppleTV.

I tried logging in with my old account (the one that I ended my subscription on) and found I could log in with my old Netflix account just fine, but not the new one.

This told me that there must be a conflict with the AppleTV retaining some sort of data, and Netflix not liking me switching accounts. I tried resetting my AppleTV and I can now log in with the new account.

After the reset process was complete I set up my AppleTV using my iPhone rather than manually, which meant it remembered which Apps I had installed and the layout. 😍🙌

Cannot sign in to Netflix on Apple TV 4K (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.