Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain

Anyone else having a horrible battery life on the latest watch update? I have the series 5 on watch OS 7.5. Since the update my watch won’t make it 16 hours.

Before the update, I would be able to go to bed with my watch at 100%, use it for sleep mode and wake up alarm. Exercise in the morning for 30 minutes and go on my day. At night I would still have 20-30% battery before charging it. 

Doing the same routine, 2 days in a row my watch doesn't make it past lunch. I do not use the always on display function either.

Last night I reset my watch and restored from backup. Charged to 100%, went to bed wearing it, woke up this morning to 70%.

Hope a new update comes fast or wearing the watch is pointless with this terrible battery drain.

Apple Watch

Posted on May 27, 2021 2:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 6:50 AM

My Series 4 is doing the same thing since this update. I don’t wear it at night, I usually have 20% left when I plug it in every night around 10-11pm. And it actually DIED on me yesterday at 8:30pm at work after only wearing it for maybe 12 hours. Today I put it on at 6:20am, it’s now 8:49am and it’s already at 88% which is totally abnormal seeing as I’ve not done anything with it but check the time and say good morning to my husband via voice text.

252 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 6:50 AM in response to cakalaky

My Series 4 is doing the same thing since this update. I don’t wear it at night, I usually have 20% left when I plug it in every night around 10-11pm. And it actually DIED on me yesterday at 8:30pm at work after only wearing it for maybe 12 hours. Today I put it on at 6:20am, it’s now 8:49am and it’s already at 88% which is totally abnormal seeing as I’ve not done anything with it but check the time and say good morning to my husband via voice text.

May 27, 2021 8:14 AM in response to cakalaky

I am having the same issue with my iWatch SE, which I just got in December 2020, and it only started after updating to watchOS 7.5. I took it off the charger at 5:30 AM after charging overnight, and it was almost dead by the time I got to work at 8:45 AM. I was getting nearly 24 hours of lite use prior to the update to 7.5. Frustrating. I changed none of my settings or habits since the update earlier this week.

May 27, 2021 11:34 AM in response to Fishman-77

Same here. Before 7.5 update the watch went for the whole 24 hours leaving at least 20% battery for the next day. Yesterday and today I charged it to 100% at 9:30 am and had 2% left 8:30 pm. So it lasted for just 11 hours. I didn't changed anythig in the settings or in the way I use the watch throughout the day. My battery health is at 93%, I bought the watch in November 2020.

May 28, 2021 11:17 PM in response to cakalaky

i got the same issue. Did not change anything on my watch. No settings was changed, no new app. Nothing. Only updated to WatchOS 7.5

Some battery cycles will last longer. But then it starts draining.

When I charge the battery to 100 percent and wear it for about 8 hours at night, with sleep mode activated, I wake up in the morning with about 13 percent left.

Always on display is disabled!

I know there must be a process running wild to drain the battery. So I restart the watch and it will work for a day or two.

I got my Series 6 watch 44mm back in October 2020.

So from my perspective it must be a bug in WatchOS 7.5. Come on Apple fix this. Every now and then there are battery draining issues in the updates.

Jun 15, 2021 8:25 AM in response to Alexander Albrecht

Alexander Albrecht wrote:

Again, see this steep drop Apple? I did not use the watch actively, just wearing it this morning. Could you please recognize this as a huge bug and fix it within days not weeks? It is getting annoying!

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple does not read here for suggestions of feedback. If you want Apple to know that you're having this problem, you can let them know by using the "Get Support" link at the top right of every page of the forums.

You can also submit feedback here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jun 2, 2021 5:48 AM in response to cakalaky

Restarting helps for 1-2 cycles, but then the battery drain comes back. Last night, at midnight, I've stopped charging at 100%. During night (wearing the watch of course), having sleep mode active, the watch lost all the juice down to 13%. Series 6 from October 2020.

Battery health is also dropping. It was around 96 %, now it is at 93%. Thank you Apple!

Here is a screenshot from last night

Jun 4, 2021 11:20 AM in response to cakalaky

I'm wearing model 6 (bought in February 2021) running watchOS 7.5 (18T567). I've had the same battery drain issue and it is mind blowing. Look at the screenshot of battery performance in the past 24hrs. It was at 100% around midnight and by 4am it is down into the red (less than 20%?). I charged it this morning back to 100% by 8am and 4.5hrs later I'm back down into the low 30% range and going fast.

Jun 19, 2021 7:51 PM in response to cakalaky

Same here in Turkey. I have a series 4 Nike version with a battery health %87. But it was %89 when altos drain issue has started app. 2 weeks ago after installing 7.5

I have tried anything and everything: pair/unpair, hard reset many times, install as new watch , install from backup 2020 , nothing helped. One week ago it was dripping down from 100 to 10 in approximately 8 hours. Yesterday it was a nightmare, started to drain in approximately 5 hours !!!!!

Fix should come out soon , this is definitely a software issue, but I started to think that it effects the hardware as well.

NO REACTION FROM APPLE : The product is now useless, come on , hear us !!!!

Jun 23, 2021 11:24 AM in response to greg06611

I sent my watch to Apple, they sent it back with a note explaining that the battery was fine.

I paired the watch to my phone, and I only installed apps which were frequently used.

The first 24 hours the watch was fine,

I expect the Watch to stay powered on for 24 hours unless there is significant use of Cell Phone, GPS, and such.

Then, after one day with no problems, sharp battery drain occurred again.

Last night I charged the watch before going to bed. When I woke up, the battery charge level was at 6%!

The steep drop off happened when I was in bed, and presumably the Apple Watch was only recording vital signs while sleeping. The unexpected, rapid power drain is very disappointing.

Screenshot from Apple Watch - Settings - Battery

Jun 25, 2021 3:11 AM in response to cakalaky

I’ve had the same issue.

After a week trying different routes, I’ve found what has worked and that is turning off the environmental sound measurements functionality in Privacy at least until Apple fixes the bug.

It looks like the functionality is running constantly in the back taking too much power, since the battery drains at a constant pace.

Hope it helps others!

Jun 30, 2021 7:01 AM in response to cakalaky

I'm having the same issue on a brand new (two months old) Series 6. It worked perfectly for the first month or so. At the end of the day with normal usage it would still have 50-80% battery. I have changed nothing in the watch settings and it happens equally on days when I'm using apps and cellular and on days when I almost never touch it and have cellular turned off. The battery graphs seem to be the best indication that there's a specific acute issue and not the result of a slight increase in battery usage over time. I also had one instance where it was happening so I connected it to the charger. The watch showed as charging but the battery kept falling rapidly. I had to restart the watch to get it to charge again.

Jul 8, 2021 5:56 PM in response to bogdan666

Interesting information. I accidentally left my phone at home today. When I left work my watch was at 74% battery. 12 hrs of my watch being separated from my phone and the battery dropped 26%. Now after 4 hrs with them together the battery has dropped 22%. Notice the change in discharge rate just before 1800. The higher discharge rate is what I have been seeing everyday.

What is the watch doing when it’s connected to the phone? I have unlock with watch disabled and anything else I can disable.

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.