Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Posted on May 27, 2021 8:14 AM

7 replies

May 27, 2021 8:43 AM in response to aribert241

Welcome.

Apple does not catalog a 3-meter cable for the the iMac 24" 2021. The included AC power cable is 2 meters. The change in connector type seen in this new product:

could mean that third-party suppliers may take a while to create a longer non-Apple option.

First I would contact Apple Support and ask if a conversional 3-prong (grounded) extension cord is appropriate to the new model. With older Macs that was not an issue, but the new iMac ushers in a different power arrangement so, to be safe, I would ask Apple. They are not here--we are your fellow end users and have no access to "insider" Apple tech details.

For future questions you may find Apple's German-language user forums easier to use. You should get faster answers there with less chance of someone like me making a translation error in their answer:

https://communities.apple.com/de/welcome

May 27, 2021 8:58 AM in response to aribert241

Es waere wahrscheinlich besser wenn Sie beim deutschen Apple store nachfragen wuerden. Hier sind Sie in den USA gelandet; bei uns ist die normale Laenge entweder 3 feet (rund 1 m) oder 6 feet (rund 2 m).

Ausserdem sind wir hier alle nur Benutzer und arbeiten nicht fuer Apple; Sie muessen sich etwas gedulden - dies ist keine chat site.

benötige für neuen iMac 3 Meter Netzkabel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.