You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download iPod Support Software on Windows 10

No matter what I try, the latest version of iTunes for Windows 12.11.3 keeps failing to connect to Apple's servers to download the support software. The error window reads:

iTunes was unable to download the iPod Support software. The network connection was reset.

Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

I've also noticed that the iTunes for Windows downloads on the Apple website ( https://www.apple.com/itunes/ ) also fail to download with "connection was reset" errors.

Has/have the download server(s) gone offline? Any advice is appreciated.

Note: I've tried all the standard fixes/troubleshooting (network, reinstalling iTunes, rebooting the device, etc.).

Posted on May 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 28, 2021 12:42 PM in response to vampiressilence

Hey vampiressilence,

It sounds like you're having an issue with iTunes connection on your PC. We can understand wanting to get that resolved. We want to help.

If you have any anti-virus or security software installed on your PC, you may want to try temporarily disabling it to see if that resolves the issue as sometimes it can interfere with iTunes.

Thanks!

Cannot download iPod Support Software on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.