Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch series 6 location services

Hi, I got a new Apple Watch series 6 (GPS) and the gps doesn’t show up on my watch for my runs or bike rides. I have my phone with me for those so the watch should be able to work. When I look up how to use it, it says to go into settings and location services but there is no “location services” on my Apple Watch to click. Help!

Apple Watch

Posted on May 27, 2021 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 27, 2021 1:56 PM

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 27, 2021 1:56 PM in response to Katems88

On your iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services,turn location services on then tap Apple Watch Workout, then tap While Using the App.

Then tap on maps then tap While using the app.

Then tap on System Services and turn on motion calibration and distance.

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Apple Watch series 6 location services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.