Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location service on apple watch not updating

My apple watch always shows 'location requested' and in find my app it says location not found, also my watch is gps only and connected. What to do?

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 4:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2022 6:12 AM

On the paired iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and verify that you toggled on Location Services

Then, tap Location Services > Apple Watch Workout and choose While Using the App under Allow Location Access

Repeat the above step for Maps, so it’s also set to While Using the App

For iOS 14+, toggle on Precise Location

If not turned on, the Workout app cannot adequately determine your route

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2022 6:12 AM in response to Nikhil0308

On the paired iPhone, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services and verify that you toggled on Location Services

Then, tap Location Services > Apple Watch Workout and choose While Using the App under Allow Location Access

Repeat the above step for Maps, so it’s also set to While Using the App

For iOS 14+, toggle on Precise Location

If not turned on, the Workout app cannot adequately determine your route

Another place to check is on the watch in settings/privacy/Location Services and make sure this is turned on and scroll down to apple watch workout and select while using the app.

Location service on apple watch not updating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.