Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch band stuck

Have you found any ways to loosen up the band? When I hold the button down I can move it back-and-forth but I can’t get it to move out enough to take it off. When I say move back-and-forth I’m talking maybe a 1/32 of an inch.

Posted on May 28, 2021 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 7:22 AM

Here's a detailed article covering those various bands and how to remove them.

Change your Apple Watch band - Apple Support

Holding down the release button properly and then sliding usually does the trick.

6 replies

Jun 3, 2021 12:50 AM in response to Rudegar

I followed the links to a similar question dealing with a series 3 watch. The watch bands still go on and off the same way.

It didn't take me 10 min. But I did use the tooth brush and detergent for about 10 minutes a day for three days. Then I got it loose enough that I felt it should release but it was still stuck. I used a small hammer to tap it out. And the band came loose. I am now able to slide a different band in and out, so I know it is working normally.

Thanks for the ideas.

Jun 3, 2021 9:50 AM in response to Everett Dick

I have that problem sometimes. I have a case little case on mine protecting the face & sides & sometimes that makes it more difficult.

You may have tried this already, butt thought I'd tell you what helps me.

If you have a case on it, make sure you pull it down underneath the button that removes the band. This sometimes makes it a little harder to press the release button properly, but it still helps. Also, simply getting the button in the correct (sometimes a little hard) position is key.

Another thing, if you have dry skin, have been working &/or sweating, or doing anything to do with dirt, this can cause the to "stick" as well as the watch bands.

Simply take a moistened paper towel/cloth/baby wipe, etc & wipe everything off. Sometimes a q-tip may be needed. I've found this helps to get the debris out & makes it easier to remove the band.

Again, you may have tried some of these already, but I hope it helps.

Watch band stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.