Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t turn off passcode on iPhone xs

I’m having a hard time updating my phone to iOS 14.6. Wirelessly it fails to download the update and ends up starting over. I got an error when I tried updating through iTunes and community members said to turn off the passcode. When I go to settings to turn off the passcode the option Face ID and passcode is not there. I know it’s supposed to be between Siri & Search and Emergency SOS but as you can see in the screenshot it’s not there. It is my daughter’s phone so I have screen time on but I turned it off and it didn’t make a difference. We deleted a bunch of stuff so there’s plenty of space. I’m stuck because it still will not update wirelessly and I can’t turn off the passcode as suggested in the community post.

iPhone XS

Posted on May 28, 2021 4:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 4:53 AM

Probably Account changes are restricted on your device using Screen Time Restrictions.

1 reply

Can’t turn off passcode on iPhone xs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.