Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get FaceID on iPad Pro to stop asking for my passcode 'every' time I use it?

FaceId is useless if that is the case. My iPhone behaves properly (asks about every 3 days).

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 6:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 2, 2021 7:27 AM

Apply available updates, if any. Confirm there is no debris blocking the camera, and remove any screen-protective film or protective case, and try again. Failing that, reset Face ID, and try again. Then use the Get Support link in the upper right, and discuss your options and alternatives with Apple.

Here are the steps that Apple recommends > If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 2, 2021 7:27 AM in response to David C Black

Apply available updates, if any. Confirm there is no debris blocking the camera, and remove any screen-protective film or protective case, and try again. Failing that, reset Face ID, and try again. Then use the Get Support link in the upper right, and discuss your options and alternatives with Apple.

Here are the steps that Apple recommends > If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro - Apple Support

How can I get FaceID on iPad Pro to stop asking for my passcode 'every' time I use it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.