Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i reset my passcode without losing my data?

can i reset my passcode without losing my data? i am not on itunes, and i am not enable that on my phone

Posted on May 28, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:04 AM

The passcode is stored only on the device, unlike your Apple ID password which as it's stored on Apple's servers can be reset. If you've forgortten your passcode then I'm afraid the only option is to erase the device as described here:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

That page also says 'You need a computer to follow the steps below. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider.'

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 8:04 AM in response to crnac6

The passcode is stored only on the device, unlike your Apple ID password which as it's stored on Apple's servers can be reset. If you've forgortten your passcode then I'm afraid the only option is to erase the device as described here:

If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

That page also says 'You need a computer to follow the steps below. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider.'

can i reset my passcode without losing my data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.