Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone x fell in water

My iphone x dropped inside water not deep at all(2weeks ago), but where I am right now I can't fix it until middle July. will that make it impossible to revive by that time, though I have put it inside rice to dry which I think is dry cause the foggy front camera is clear(left it in there for 3days). It was fully charged when it fell and the screen went blank but still vibrate when I put in silent mode through the left hand button, but after three weeks now that I try on it a get it charged no sign of charging at all cause I can't feel any vibration, tried using the power and the volume button for 1min 30second still nothing. I will be looking forward to an helpful reply, thank you

iPhone XS

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:07 AM

Unfortunately, your iPhone is most likely already damaged due to liquid getting inside. Placing it in rice WILL NOT help, and potentially cause more harm, as it can introduce additional debris.

At this point I would recommend that you immediately stop using your phone and keep it powered-off until you can take it to either an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Note that Apple does not make repairs to liquid-damaged phones and this is not covered under their standard 1-year limited warranty. Most likely, they will only offer you an opportunity to buy a new phone.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 9:07 AM in response to Oluwaseun007

Unfortunately, your iPhone is most likely already damaged due to liquid getting inside. Placing it in rice WILL NOT help, and potentially cause more harm, as it can introduce additional debris.

At this point I would recommend that you immediately stop using your phone and keep it powered-off until you can take it to either an Apple Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider. Note that Apple does not make repairs to liquid-damaged phones and this is not covered under their standard 1-year limited warranty. Most likely, they will only offer you an opportunity to buy a new phone.

My iphone x fell in water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.