Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have my apple id on many iphone and ipads. I want to create a new apple id for my wife on one of the ipads. I am worried that in doing this I will somehow convert all the devices to the new apple id......Help!

I have my apple id on many iphone and ipads. I want to create a new apple id for my wife (and delete my apple id) on one of the ipads. I am worried that in doing this I will somehow convert all the devices to the new apple id......Help!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 11:09 AM

Before you give the iPad to her, use the following instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then she can set up the iPad as new using the following instructions. In step 6 she can create an Apple ID. See below from Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Enter your Apple ID and password, or tap "Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID?" From there, you can recover your Apple ID or password, create an Apple ID, or set it up later.

None of your other devices will be affected by any of the above.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 11:09 AM in response to Simaregre

Before you give the iPad to her, use the following instructions: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Then she can set up the iPad as new using the following instructions. In step 6 she can create an Apple ID. See below from Set up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Enter your Apple ID and password, or tap "Forgot password or don't have an Apple ID?" From there, you can recover your Apple ID or password, create an Apple ID, or set it up later.

None of your other devices will be affected by any of the above.

I have my apple id on many iphone and ipads. I want to create a new apple id for my wife on one of the ipads. I am worried that in doing this I will somehow convert all the devices to the new apple id......Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.