Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am not clear as to how to get my screenshots to default to desktop again (they now disappear out of sight to the right of my Mac Pro laptop). Thank you

I don't know how to get my screenshots to default to desktop again (they now disappear out of sight to the right of my Mac Pro laptop)

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:31 PM

Please refer to the "Related Article" which states:

Where to find screenshots

By default, screenshots save to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.”

In macOS Mojave or later, you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 9:31 PM in response to Finnkoren

Please refer to the "Related Article" which states:

Where to find screenshots

By default, screenshots save to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.”

In macOS Mojave or later, you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Options menu in the Screenshot app. You can also drag the thumbnail to a folder or document.

I am not clear as to how to get my screenshots to default to desktop again (they now disappear out of sight to the right of my Mac Pro laptop). Thank you

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.