Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD Briefly Drops connection to Receiver while changing programs

Since a recent software update my Apple TV HD briefly drops the connection to the receiver whenever it is changing between programs or starting up a program coming out of the screen saver. The TV screen goes black for an instant and the receiver complains it has no signal, but the signal immediately returns and the Apple TV moves on. This does not prevent me from playing what I want. It is just annoying having the screen flash constantly and unnecessarily. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks.

Posted on May 28, 2021 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 3:19 PM

Hello andyf! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Apple TV will lose signal to your TV when charing between Apps and programs, and when coming out of sleep mode. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

Try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article to see if they help: If your Apple TV doesn't turn on

Make it a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 29, 2021 3:19 PM in response to andyf

Hello andyf! Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

We understand that your Apple TV will lose signal to your TV when charing between Apps and programs, and when coming out of sleep mode. We'd like to look into this with you to see how we can help.

Try the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article to see if they help: If your Apple TV doesn't turn on

Make it a great day!

Apple TV HD Briefly Drops connection to Receiver while changing programs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.