Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Mic not working with Siri, Voice Notes and FaceTime on my Mac.

Use Mac mini with an Focusrite interface to which I have an external mic connected. It was fine with Logic and other apps, but its been impossible to get it working with FaceTime, Voice Notes and Siri. Tried several tutorials but nothing seems to provide a solution to this issue. Have anyone experienced same and how did you solved it?

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:49 PM

4 replies

May 29, 2021 7:39 AM in response to Edverg

Edverg Said:

"External Mic not working with Siri, Voice Notes and FaceTime on my Mac. [...]I'm about to give up as I don't get why is occurs. Tried with another USB mic connected directly to Mac and it works with those affected apps.[...]"

-------

Incompatibility as the Culprit:

Then it would seem to me to be incompatibility being the culprit. This mic that does not work with these three apps may not meet the system requirements for that software.

May 29, 2021 6:41 AM in response to TheLittles

As soon as I turn on FaceTime the mic "dies". This occurs only withe apps that comes with the Mac and not with those that request permission to access the mic. I'm about to give up as I don't get why is occurs. Tried with another USB mic connected directly to Mac and it works with those affected apps. Only difference I see in both cases is the Focusrite interface in between, but if was the interface, I wouldn't be able to us the mic on other apps.

External Mic not working with Siri, Voice Notes and FaceTime on my Mac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.