Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Pencil connects but doesn’t write on my iPad. It does work on my husband’s iPad

My Apple Pencil connects to my iPad but will not work. It works fine on my husband’s iPad. They’re both the exact same model

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:01 PM

Hello Wendiburns,

Have you tried forgetting the Apple Pencil on your iPad, then reconnecting it? Or restarting your iPad? Do you disconnect it from your husband’s iPad before trying to use it on yours?

If you need help doing any of the advise I gave above, just reply, I hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,

Caprain

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 28, 2021 9:01 PM in response to Wendiburns

Hello Wendiburns,

Have you tried forgetting the Apple Pencil on your iPad, then reconnecting it? Or restarting your iPad? Do you disconnect it from your husband’s iPad before trying to use it on yours?

If you need help doing any of the advise I gave above, just reply, I hope this is helpful!

Sincerely,

Caprain

My Apple Pencil connects but doesn’t write on my iPad. It does work on my husband’s iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.