Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won’t sync

12 pro max no matter how many times i try to install or reinstall itunes I will not sync and constantly have the issue of iPod support service is apparently not installed and iTunes helper is not working.

I went back too iTunes 12.10.9.3 and everything seemed to work no issues except that update wouldn’t work with the iPhone 12 Pro Max so back to square one.

this is the most frustrating thing ever as even before I got my new iPhone my 7 plus was also constantly having this same issue but it would work on and off so no idea wtf is going on have even tried uninstalling the iTunes desktop version and installing iTunes from Microsoft store and nope same issue won’t work.

So please can someone fill me in on wtf is going on as apple seems to be pretty useless at having a live chat service in real time unless you ring them there’s no messenger type chat help desk.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on May 28, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 29, 2021 2:07 PM

Perhaps the 'If you use a Windows PC' section in:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

will help (especially the 'If your device still isn't recognized' section).

5 replies

May 29, 2021 10:02 PM in response to Sheldon_275

Yep definitely a iTunes issue as I have installed an older version which is 12.10.11.2 and before even connecting my iPhone 12 Pro Max I run the diagnostics and it straight away shows green lights for itunes helper & iPod support service and when phone is connected it also detects and syncs with iTunes and my pc.

so won’t be doing any more updates for a while unless they work otherwise I’ll stay with this update version for as long as possible

iPhone won’t sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.